- Second Friday at the Noyes Arts Garage, Atlantic City, NJ. Mar. 2019
- Second Friday at the Noyes Arts Garage, Atlantic City, NJ. Feb. 2019
- Swingle Bell Rock, Dec. 2018, Newark, NJ
- Artful Giving, Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts Dance, Millville, NJ, Dec. 2018.
- Make Art with Dance, an art and dance mashup installation, 48 Blocks, Atlantic City, NJ June 2018
- Through the Artists’ Eyes, Pop-up gallery. Atlantic City, NJ, June 2018
- Stockton University Art Gallery, Visual Arts Alumni Triennial juried exhibition, Galloway, NJ. June 23 – August 2.
- Witt Gallery, Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts Dance, Millville, NJ, June. 2018. First place.
- Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts, Agriculture Show, Millville, NJ, Apr. 2018. Honorable Mention.
- Cape May County Art Show, Cape May Court House, NJ. Apr. 2018
- Gateway Playhouse, Connection, Somers Point, NJ. Oct. 2017
- Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts, Self Portraits, Millville, NJ, Aug. 2017
- Great Bay Gallery, Art in the Park winners exhibition, July 2017
- Stone Harbor Arts Festival, Stone Harbor, NJ
- Cape May Promenade Art Show, Cape May, NJ
- Night Art Market, June 2017, Cape May, NJ
- Art in the Park, June 2017, Somers Point, NJ. 2nd place professional
- Morey’s Pier Art and Music Festival, June 2017, Wildwood, NJ
- Freedom Swing Dance Challenge, January 2017, Philadelphia, PA
- Ocean City Boardwalk Art Show, Aug. 2016, Ocean City, NJ
- Wildwood Boardwalk Art Show, July 2016, Wildwood, NJ
- OCFAL, Feb. 2005-2006, Ocean City, NJ
- Accent Gallery, Fall 2005, Figures on Clothes, Ocean City, NJ
- RSC Studies in the Arts Exhibit, May 2-4 2004, Pomona, NJ
- Figures on Clothes, Oil on Clothing and Canvas
- CMCAL Annual Juried Show, 2002, 2003 Cape May Court House, NJ
Random shameless self-promotion.
I’m happy to share that the Noyes Arts Garage now has a collection of my handmade art bling jewelry available for purchase.
- Earrings, necklaces, and cuff links made with paint
- Celestially inspired Swarovski crystal constellation cuff links
- Sterling moon phase earrings made with Cape May Diamonds
This one was different in the sense that I showed up for one of the life drawing groups I draw with and the model was a woman I know and dance with! Tamara. She’s wonderful.
These first impression paintings are somewhat about how much information we fill in on our own from an initial meeting, exchange of energy, first impression. Overthinking.
In writing this post, I found a raw and personal draft about this project from a year ago when these were just forming. I still haven’t gotten to the place where it feels appropriate to share it though. Maybe someday.
Anyway, I’ve been making slow paintings from quick croquis. I worked from a 30 second gesture drawing here. There are some process shots in the gallery below too. If it’s not done, it’s close.
It was difficult to find a stopping point with this one, I know her and what she looks like. I suppose it’s kind of parallel to the sense of meeting some who has strong and familiar energy pull.
It doesn’t look like her.
Tamara is a fantastically creative woman. See what I’m talking about in her blog.
First Impressions, Tamara. 12×12″ oil on canvas, 2019
Art things happening Feb. 8
I’m excited about the Second Friday event later this week. It’s at the AC Arts Garage in Atlantic City, NJ from 6 to 8 pm.
Come find me! I’m setting up a table with some works on paper.
AC Arts Garage
2200 Fairmount Avenue,
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
The latest photo category trending on this ugly, interesting blog 😉
It’s a section of pretty pictures, for the sake of nothing more than being a pretty picture. Well, and a link to purchase said pretty picture, of course. There’s a time and place for everything. Some days, pretty is pretty ok.
Did you know there’s sketch club that meets monthly at the Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts in Millville for figure drawing with a live model? It’s a nice group with wonderful models.
It’s $10, the fee covers the model. Sometimes Dave brings wine.
Bring your own supplies, all mediums welcome.