- Make Art with Dance, an art and dance mashup installation, 48 Blocks, Atlantic City, NJ June 2018
- Through the Artists’ Eyes, Atlantic City, NJ, June 2018
- Stockton University Art Gallery, Visual Arts Alumni Triennial juried exhibition, Galloway, NJ. June 23 – August 2.
- Witt Gallery, Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts Dance, Millville, NJ, June. 2018. First place.
- Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts, Agriculture Show, Millville, NJ, Apr. 2018. Honorable Mention.
- Cape May County Art Show, Cape May Court House, NJ. Apr. 2018
- Gateway Playhouse, Connection, Somers Point, NJ. Oct. 2017
- Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts, Self Portraits, Millville, NJ, Aug. 2017
- Great Bay Gallery, Art in the Park winners exhibition, July 2017
- Stone Harbor Arts Festival, Stone Harbor, NJ
- Cape May Promenade Art Show, Cape May, NJ
- Night Art Market, June 2017, Cape May, NJ
- Art in the Park, June 2017, Somers Point, NJ. 2nd place professional
- Morey’s Pier Art and Music Festival, June 2017, Wildwood, NJ
- Freedom Swing Dance Challenge, January 2017, Philadelphia, PA
- Ocean City Boardwalk Art Show, Aug. 2016, Ocean City, NJ
- Wildwood Boardwalk Art Show, July 2016, Wildwood, NJ
- OCFAL, Feb. 2005-2006, Ocean City, NJ
- Accent Gallery, Fall 2005, Figures on Clothes, Ocean City, NJ
- RSC Studies in the Arts Exhibit, May 2-4 2004, Pomona, NJ
- Figures on Clothes, Oil on Clothing and Canvas
- CMCAL Annual Juried Show, 2002, 2003 Cape May Court House, NJ
Art / dance mashup installation
West coast swing dancers captured residual art from elements of connection and movement through improvisational lead/follow connection, common ground on June 23, 2018 during 48 Blocks.
Two 40″x96″ latex and acrylic on wood paintings
Continue reading “Art Dance Mashup Project: Make Art With Dance”
This news caught me by surprise this afternoon. It feels really good to know someone connected with this piece. Thank you so much, Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts.
Dancing in the Dark, 14×20″
Watercolor / Ink on paper, Jodee Clifford. 2017
Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts
22 N. High Street
Millville, New Jersey 08332
(856) 327 – 4500
It’s Third Friday in Millville at the Riverfront Center for the Arts and they have two fantastic shows going this month.
Reception is tonight from 6-9 pm and I believe they’re doing a special dance piece at 7:30. Continue reading “Third Friday, Two pieces”
Lead & follow dance. It’s almost kind of an installation of sorts, in and of itself. Temporary and visual, only really present in a couple of moments full of body language, rhythm, communication, energy, movement, gesture, cause and effect, interesting shapes and forms and lines… connection.
I’ve been refining this idea about art, dance, and communication and thinking up a way to capture it in a project. It finally feels like it might be starting to come together, which has me (really) excited. I got the opportunity to move along with this art / dance mashup project during 48Blocks. It should be interesting to explore one of the elements of lead & follow dance: connection, as an installation of sorts. A painting will become a byproduct of the dance conversation.
My project window is from 4 – 6pm at Tanger Outlets The Walk in Atlantic City on Saturday, June 23. I hope you can come.
Facebook Event >>> https://www.facebook.com/events/253272388752200
Any west coast swing dancers who are interested in getting involved in this project, please contact me.
I’m exploring communication in a pure, language-less form through painting dancers dancing lead and follow social dance like the west coast swing dancers above.
There’s sketch club that meets on the 4th Monday of every month at the Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts in Millville.
I went last month for the first time and very much enjoyed it. The model, Robin was fantastic. We did a number of 1 minute croquis, a couple of 5-10 minute poses, and two 20 minute poses. I turned one of those into the oil painting pictured above. Continue reading “Figure drawing in Millville March 26”
First Impression 5,
12×12″ Oil / wood, 2018
Nude female figure model
oil on canvas, 16×20″
Jodee Clifford, 2018